Skin Care at Every Age: Determining Which Treatment Is Right for You
Your skin is arguably the first part of your body to show telltale signs of aging. But aging skin does not have to be a source of anxiety or frustration. With the proper skin care routine, you can age more gracefully. You are never too young to take care of your skin, and prevention is the best way to maintain a healthy, youthful-looking complexion throughout your life. The Back to 30™ team recently attended a seminar that focused on the best skin care for aging skin. We can tailor custom treatment plans for men and women at our various locations throughout Upstate South Carolina, including Greenville and Boiling Springs, to help you establish a healthy skin care routine at every age.*
Ages 20 to 30
Many major publications, including Vogue, recommend that you see a skin care professional before the age of 25. Our team has designed a series of recommended treatments for millennials that help address common skin concerns in your 20s.*
- Sun Damage
- Being young and active means spending a lot of time outdoors. A strong sunscreen and diligent sun protection are the best ways to keep sun damage at a minimum. We also recommend SkinMedica® Lytera to reverse skin discoloration and other symptoms of sun damage.
- Acne and Acne Scars
- Although acne is typically common in teens, adult acne persists and can make you feel incredibly self-conscious. Our Back to 30 advanced skin care products include cleansers that help keep your skin clean and fight acne breakouts. We also offer minimally invasive treatments such as chemical peels, dermaplaning, and microneedling to help you shed damaged cells and reveal the healthy-looking skin underneath.
- Dry Skin
- Many younger patients complain about dry skin, which can lead to the formation of premature wrinkling. In addition to our HelloHydration! skin care product, we offer DermaSweep treatment to help your skin look and feel more hydrated.
During your 20s, the key is prevention and our team can help you build a custom skin care plan.
Our team can guide you from prevention to intervention, helping to address your unique concerns at any age.
Ages 30 to 40
One of the most common concerns during your 30s is dry skin. As your skin ages, it begins to produce less collagen, the key component in water retention. In addition to collagen loss, you may experience other age-related skin concerns that we can address with various options.*
- Collagen Loss
- We have several treatments available to help stimulate collagen production. These include our unique Collagen Bomb treatment, a Clear + Brilliant® procedure, and our line of skin care products.
- Excessive sun exposure and natural aging can lead to hyperpigmentation, or spots of skin that are a different color than your surrounding skin. Chemical peels and IPL Photorejuvenation can address hyperpigmentation and help you enjoy more evenly toned skin.
- Fine Lines
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and other dermal fillers can help prevent your existing wrinkles from deepening without surgical intervention.
- Dark Undereye Circles
- If you have dark or puffy circles under your eyes, we recommend using Hello Bright Eyes! This product is part of our suite of skin care products.
Diet also plays an important role in the health of your skin in your 30s. We offer various treatments including food sensitivity testing to help you refine a dietary plan that addresses your unique intolerances.
Ages 40 to 50
During this decade, many men and women experience concerns that require more intensive rejuvenating treatments for the best results.*
- As your skin becomes less elastic, you may notice the appearance of jowls. A thread lift is an hour-long procedure that gently lifts the skin on your brows, jowls, or neck without surgery.
- Deep Wrinkles
- We have various injectable treatments available including BOTOX® Cosmetic to help correct wrinkles, frown lines, and forehead furrows.
- Loose or Sagging Skin
- If you feel that your skin is beginning to lose some of its firmness, we often recommend Ultherapy®. Our team can use ultrasound to target areas of concern and tighten loose skin under the chin and around your face.
Ages 50 and Beyond
As you age, you will notice that your skin concerns will progress more rapidly. In addition to our minimally invasive treatments to improve skin texture, tightness, or tone, we can recommend treatments that address deeper-level concerns.*
- Eyelid Concerns
- Drooping or sagging eyelids not only make you feel self-conscious. They can also interfere with your field of vision. In some cases, BOTOX Cosmetic can help correct sagging eyelids without undergoing surgery. However, it is important to maintain realistic expectations about what treatment can or cannot do.
Schedule a Consultation Today
We want to help you maintain youthful, fresh skin for a lifetime. We have a variety of treatments available at all Back to 30 locations. To schedule an initial consultation, call us at (864) 372-3003 or send us a message online.
"Going to Back to 30 is like going to a friend's home. I feel our relationships grow with every visit. I like the fact that Back to 30 is medically based and will even take the time for follow up with a care call. Just the positive people make a difference ."Angel L.H.